Monday, April 09, 2007

Deadline?

Hello fellow Ivy-ers!

I have a proposition for y'all to consider. I think this knitalong has been going pretty well at a relaxed pace (several finished Ivys already!), and it is really fantastic to see so many knitters with an interest in the pattern.

I wonder, though, if it would be worthwhile to consider an end-date for the knitalong? I know that at the rate new patterns appear in the online mags and print publications, it can be easy to be swayed by new projects, and sometimes for me a deadline is what helps me finish something. I was going to propose September 30th of this year - since September is the month when the next Fall issue of Knitty will appear, that would essentially close off the knitalong a year after the Ivy pattern first appeared.

Please let me know your thoughts! I am quite happy to be swayed by whatever the majority preference is:
a) Relaxed, hip and groovy - no deadline required! or
b) Deadlines can only help us, man!

I hope everyone's knitting is going well! I know I am still trying to get in a finished sweater (or two) before the summer. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

I don't know... deadlines do help me sometimes, but like someone said before, I really think this pattern is something you just need to put down for a little while. You know... do something else so you don't rush through it and make mistakes.

I was taking a break from the sleeves (just a few more inches of stockinette!!) to finish up the back neckline on my Ivy and I knitted one of the trims too long. So when I sewed it on, it's all puckery-looking. RIP RIP RIP RIP... DEEEEEP BREATH... and now it's ok. That's what I get for trying to hurry!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home